Pre-employment medical assessments for the workforce.
Medical Assessments are carried out to ensure an employee is fit to work in a specific environment, can fulfil the requirements of a role, can travel overseas and to protect them from potentially harmful work environments.
MedCentres offers comprehensive and detailed pre-employment medical examinations, pre-placement and periodic medical assessments that can be tailored to suit your business needs.
Whatever the industry, the health and safety of your staff is essential and is key to optimising company productivity.
The benefits of conducting pre-employment medical assessments and coal board medicals include:
- A safer working environment
- Reduction in workplace injuries
- Minimised downtime
- Reduction in WorkCover claims and insurance costs
- Matching the capacity of the employee with the role
- Overall recruitment cost and risk reduction.
Our pre-employment medical examination usually includes the following components:
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Cardiovascular examination (heart check, blood pressure, pulse)
- Full musculoskeletal examination including comprehensive range of movement
- Urinalysis for diabetes or kidney / bladder disorders
- Respiratory examination
- Vision assessment including colour blindness
Other specific pre-employment medical examination requirements may include:
- Audiometry (hearing test, including WorkCover WA audio compliance)
- Spirometry (lung function test)
- Drug and alcohol testing (instant or laboratory)
- Work fitness assessments (otherwise known as functional capacity evaluations)
- Periodic and exit medical assessments
- Statutory and code of practice screening
- Health surveillance screening
Statutory medicals include (but not limited to):
- Coal Mine Workers’ Health Scheme (formerly Queensland Coal Board medical)
- Commercial vehicle driver medical
- Hazardous chemicals health monitoring
MedCentres clients are treated with care and respect and receive exceptional healthcare and customer service during their insurance medical Assessments.
Our team maintains clear communication and efficient liaison to ensure that the insurance exam paperwork and pathology are collected and distributed without delay.
Boasting a central location in Pacific Pines , our Doctors conduct insurance medical exams including:
- Pathology collection – HIV/HEP B, C / FBC/ LIPIDS
- Exercise (ECG) stress tests
- Resting ECGs
- Hearing tests
- Lung function tests
- Urine analysis
You can count on us!
In the majority of cases we are able to return the completed insurance paperwork to you in a short turnaround.